Another "Which Bat?"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2009
33/23 Anderson NanoTek. It is brand new for Anderson and it is possibly the best bat they have ever made. Great pop, time will tell on reliability but if it is like the RT's and TechZilla, reliability will not be an issue. It is the best balanced bat I have put in my hands. Both my DD's love the feel of the balance as well. It is not end loaded at all like most Anderson's and it is a true drop 10. If you like end load they will be making an end load version sometime this year. IME you can't go wrong with this bat.

We have a Stealth, Combat Virus FP, Rip It, 3 Catalyst's, Synergy, Miken Halo, most of the "best composites" made and we still go back for more Anderson's. We have 5 now and are getting 2 more. One more NanoTek and another 2010 TechZilla. A lot of people think the aluminum bats can't perform like the fiber style composites but I personally disagree and Anderson is leading the way.
That is my 2 cents worth anyway.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
CB, we played a 100 inning game Saturday ( pitching machine and fundraiser ). Tried our 2010 RT out. The 2010 RT has a bigger sweet spot, nice pop. About the same distance and return speed as previous RT's. We played in 40 degree weather, so I'm hoping the bat will warm up as we do.

I'm waiting on the end loaded NanoTek.

May 11, 2009
CB
I live in Iowa and a good portion of our ball is in sub 60 for sure and we too play in some 40 degree tourneys. We have never had any issues with our Anderson's. The NanoTek is the strongest material Steven Anderson has ever used on a bat before. I had spoke with him on another site and I really don't think he was giving me a pitch since I he knew I was already going to buy one. The material it is made of is a composition of aluminum that is actually stronger then titanium. The sweet spot is huge!!

Mike

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Just my 2 cents. Read the ASA site and how they handled the new requirements on bats . I would stay away from all 2010 bats. The will not get HOTTER, as the older bats did. The cold weather is the issue with high school softball. We carry 2 bats one for cold weather and one when it gets hot.

We are in the midwest also and play in cold weather too. High School ball is in the fall so usually no issues there about cold.
In the past few years we have broken just about every brand of bat there is. Anderson, Combat, Easton, Louisville, and others.
Maybe we just need to go back to wood bats. They are much less expensive.
We have some Techzilla's in use, several Demarinis, and some others. Most like the Demarini's but the Anderson's are great too.
That is a good point about taking out a loan for a new bat, it's really bad when you break one at the first spring tourny.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
In terms of college softball. Most teams buy bats from one source and they supply them to the team. For example WSU last year bought every kid a CF3. So you might want to check on that option. Plus they could get them at 1/2 of what I could buy one at.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
At 6 ft. tall. I would definitely be looking for a 34 inch bat. As long as you are taking out a loan, get her an '04 Rocketech. We lived in IL most of my life and then, very cold Flagstaff, AZ. The bat held up fine. I should have kept it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd