Another Vinci Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Just want to say thanks to Casey for the quick service...12U DD2 wanted a new catcher's mitt as her new Nokona turned out to be too big for her hand and she hadn't used it at all this year. She had been using my old Easton instead.

I contacted Casey last week and he had a new JCV-22 on the way immediately, it arrived the day after and she started pounding it with a weighted pitching ball that day. I told her she could use it to warm up pitchers this weekend, but to leave it in the bag for the tournament games.

Lo and behold, she settles in for her first game behind the plate and she has the Vinci on. I called her on it, she said it already felt better than the Easton and she wanted to try it. Ended up catching two games with it this weekend and didn't drop or bobble a pitch. She said it just feels like the ball wants to "stick" in there.

So...another successful Vinci story. 18U DD1 already has a JCV-VM for two years and LOVES it. They make a great product and Casey is fantastic. We'll be a Vinci family for a while, I'm sure.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Just thought I'd follow up...a month later, the glove is perfectly broken in already (took much longer for the JCV-VM) and she loves it. Gave it its first cleaning and tuneup over the weekend and it still looks like new. Great product!

Jul 28, 2008
...So...another successful Vinci story. 18U DD1 already has a JCV-VM for two years and LOVES it. They make a great product and Casey is fantastic. We'll be a Vinci family for a while, I'm sure.

The 33" or the 34"? Looking to upgrade 15yo DD's mitt because of bruising to her hand in a couple of spots. One pitcher causes her index finger to bruise, the other causes her thumb to bruise. Between the two, she's not liking it. After nationals next week, we'll break in a new mitt.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The 33" or the 34"? Looking to upgrade 15yo DD's mitt because of bruising to her hand in a couple of spots. One pitcher causes her index finger to bruise, the other causes her thumb to bruise. Between the two, she's not liking it. After nationals next week, we'll break in a new mitt.

For a 15yo, I would suggest a 34" JCV-VM. Hand bruising will be a thing of the past.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Both my daughters have the 33" size. It's on the smaller side, but for a girl's hand, it fits perfectly (and they both have bigger than average hands).

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
WHY BUY VINCI I have always taken things apart to see what's inside.... So it was a natural thing to tear down my first Vinci mitt and see how it's made. If the outside doesn't sell you on the glove, what's inside should!
-Chaz

IMG_9877.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs