Another Recruiting Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

RJY

Mar 13, 2010
DD has just finished up a 3 day overnight camp at a college she would love to play for. She wants to send them an email mentioning how much she enjoyed the camp but also would like to make it clear she would love to play there. She's a rising HS Sophomore Suggestions?

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
Have her send the email. Nothing wrong with doing that, in fact it is probably a must if that is where DD wants to go. Just remember, if this is NCAA, the coach is not going to be able to respond directly.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I agree, go ahead and send the email. That said, make sure there is a way for the coach to acknowledge they understand your interest. Include the contact info for the TB and HS coach. DDs friend got the confirmation through her HS coach.

Aug 14, 2011
Can they talk to the parents?

Assuming you are talking about D1 here?

No they cannot. The parents are the same as the kids and the same rules apply. Coaches can talk to either of you on the phone as long as you were the ones that initiated the phone call. They can also talk to either of you if you are on their campus. They cannot email either of you about recruiting or respond to your emails.

Your DD should absolutely email all coaches after every camp.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
Once DD has said thank you and given her team's coaches contact info then make sure your DD is telling this college coach where she's playing this summer. My DD was encouraged by me and her HC to have at least one contact per week with the coaches she was interested in playing for. Telling the coach where she'll be and maybe even how she did the prior weekend is a good way to maintain this seemingly one-sided conversation. Lots of girls vying for attention so your DD will want to stay near the top of the inbox. And have her ask about any other camps/clinics the college may be presenting. Some of the more recruiting oriented camps are purposefully not as well advertised .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1