Another Catcher Trying To Get A Call

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
We should call out the team's name, the coach's name, the player's name, her parents' name and her elementary school's name.
Pitiful people. Whoever taught her this behavior should be flogged in public. Shame!
And if you are this kinda coach that would teach this play at least practice it so the player doesn't look so miserably stupid in her attempt to get an interference call. Maybe and hopefully the player didn't really want to participate in this sorta nonsense and gave a half hearted effort.

Jul 10, 2023
Unfortunately this was clearly taught and team wide. Multiple attempts by the catcher, 3rd base twice got in our baseline to keep girls from getting home by causing collisions, etc....

I think the half hearted effort on the play in the video had a little to do with the size of the batter lol.

Thankfully in the end we got the win and sent them home.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
What are these idiots going to say to the catcher and her parents when she tries this on someone like my dd who would deck the catcher and point out that she was being assaulted by the catcher?

Jun 8, 2016
What are these idiots going to say to the catcher and her parents when she tries this on someone like my dd who would deck the catcher and point out that she was being assaulted by the catcher?
I am trying to not think about this happening to me as a batter especially if I was having a not so stellar game 😂

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I am trying to not think about this happening to me as a batter especially if I was having a not so stellar game 😂
And holding a bat!!

Last Fall's 18U team, there was 6 or 7 girls on that roster that would have stomped a catcher for doing that, and with little to no hesitation!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06