... and this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I cant stand teams that coach their players to leave early. I mean way early. Its pretty obvious when practically every girl on the team steals bases. I know the umps don't need to be reminded of their job but when the runner is more than halfway to 2nd when you look up then she left early. The pitch took approximately .5 seconds to leave the pitchers hand and hit the catchers mitt. Nobody can cover 40 feet in .5 seconds. So whether you saw it or not it shouldn't really matter. She left early.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
When DD was a junior in high school her team was down by 1 in the bottom of the 7th to a local rival. Runners on 2nd and 3rd, DD comes to the plate (she is 3 for 3 with two doubles at this point). I can't remember if there was one out or two out. In any event, they decided to pitch to her. On the first pitch she deposited another double to the right center gap. Two runs score. Game over.

After the game, the umpires walk over to me and we start chatting. One umpire makes the comment "I really can't believe they decided to pitch to your daughter in that situation". The coach overheard the comment and stormed over. He got right in the umpire's face asking what gave him the right to second guess his coaching decisions. I didn't say it, but I was thinking, probably the same thing that gave you the right to question every call the umps made throughout the entire game...

Unfortunately, this is just how some people are. This coach is perfect and above anyone questioning him. But he is willing and able to question everyone else he comes in contact with. Honestly, blowhard coaches are part of the game I do not miss.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13