And now the youngest daughter......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I like her 9yo swing. No tee work, just keep throwing to her. Don't get too crazy with instruction. Just get her to square it up over and over.

If I had to do it over again, that's what I'd do at that age.

Aug 8, 2010
Sounds like you are looking for some quick spot improvements.

Consider pointing out to your daughter her forward torso lean at contact and see if she can correct that.

292pptx.jpg
Not quite sure how you meant that , but at this age I am not opposed to a spot adjustment like you just pointed out. I think that if I can get sequence and balance (like needs to be corrected in the pic) taught, then her swing will have a chance to start down the correct path and evolve as she grows. So fine a point as the scap pinch debate to me seems like something more suited in fine tuning down the road rather than the initial build. I appreciate all views and opinions and don't really care if some see it as thread jacking. I learn from it and file it all away. It helps me verbalize things as a coach that I did instinctively as a player. I appreciate all the help. She loves playing so I want to help her succeed. Carry on.

May 29, 2013
She has good lower body mechanics. I think that forward lean at contact is from a poor upper body load. Whether you cue her on the handle to the catcher or getting the rear humerous level with the plane of the shoulders the effect should be a decent load. That then should improve the timing or sequencing of her swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball