Alabama using the down to it and through it tees? wth?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I just don't think so.

The very back of the T bar looks to be about level with the middle of the ball. It looks like that point is about 3 feet behind the ball.

May 3, 2014
Those gadgets have a good purpose if used correctly. Look at the set up. If a player were to hit the bar she would be sweeping and coming around the ball.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I also disagree.

Maybe with that black tee they are practicing getting back spin on their hits. The problem I see with this (chipping) is that it's a sort of swing down through the path of the pitch rather than swinging on the path of the pitch, which I think would result in a lot more misses (SWISH). Hey, they are a great hitting team! However, I'd like to see these same players' swings in a game. I'll just bet they are not trying to swing down through the path.

Feb 7, 2013
Alabama is the same team that lays the bat out over the plate (especially with two strikes) and slowly brings it back during the wind-up which serves little purpose and certainly doesn't help them see the ball better since they are back in their normal stance before the pitch is released. The T used and my example just shows that you can be successful in hitting IN SPITE OF flawed mechanics and practice drills/gadgets that are useless.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Q90cMh.gif

5xzqfC.gif

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

I found this very strange........

For some of my girls, this tee would be helpful.

Dropping the barrel to soon, or, dropping the rear shoulder to soon, dipping, might be repaired using this tee.

the barrel does go down to the ball.

I call the position the girl above is in, " extension" or "power v"

I like the way these girls get the barrel to the ball quickly, and extend through the zone.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
From what I see thank goodness the hitters are not using the tees for what they were design to teach. Which in my opinion (bad)is a 'downward swing path/ground balls. This ball looks to go opposite field.
Q90cMh.gif

This hitter looks to be 'up front' on the tee and might be possibly be using this tee like any other tee. Also maybe these are 'shared tees' since the coach says they only get 1hr hitting time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12