After tryouts stress

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2013
I tried out for four 18U travel teams since my team wasn't a high enough level and unorganized :/ For one tryout the coached talked to us individually and he asked what year I was born and said "We have to look over all of our notes from other try-outs from 40 other girls but we'll definitely be in touch." This was on Sunday. How long should I wait for a call back? I'm scared I won't make a team since they were higher level, 3 I did well I know one of them I was in a thump with my hitting.

Jul 26, 2010
It is very stressful. Usually if the coach really wants you, they'll let you know right away or that night. This is really what you want, as you know he/she has you in mind to be an impact player on the team. While you still might make the team later on, you can be sure the coach is going through his/her list crossing off his other choices before he gets to you. That means you may see more bench time then you might otherwise.

If this was your only option and your only try out, it's worth giving the coach a call since it's been nearly a week. The worst he can say is no.

Good luck!

-W

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog