Advise on colledge response letters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Recently DD attended to Div. 1 camps, after both camps she sent short emails in which she thanked them for the experience and said she was looking forward to attending the next one.

The one area where she/we struggled was the reference line. - not sure what is appropriate.

DD used to have stamped envelopes in the console of the truck to write a hand written note after speaking with a coach at a camp or showcase. Found a mailbox or post office on the way out of town. They helped her stand out from the hundreds of emails. When was the last you received a hand written note from anyone?

Oct 3, 2009
Good question. Honestly the formula that worked for my DD is when she did a couple of things. One is she put her GPA and ACT score in every email and also attached a link to a video where she did extremely well against a very good team in OKC and another to Nationals. She would explain they were full game video and if they wanted a skills video she would provide but she wanted them to see her in real game action with no editing.

She did the scholastic and video thing about the same time so I dont know what was the catalyst but once she did that things changed dramatically. So I would say video and academic track record. But that is just her scenario and there is definitely more than one way to do this stuff. The key is hard work at the process itself in my opinion. Your DD is her own best or worse salesperson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCockell