Advice on softball uniform

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD's team (10U) has two pair of pants and one pair of shorts. Personally, I prefer the pants. We have only wore shorts once and it was 94 degrees and high humidity. Girls still slid on close plays and DD was proud of her "raspberry". I love it when she's tough!

Apr 1, 2010
They are walking around in sliding shorts? No way! Those are underwear. What are they 10?

As a matter of fact, they are a 10U team. ;-)

They range in age from 8-11, but my DD is one of the 11s. I think I'm going to put some real shorts in the car and make her change into those next time.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
They are walking around in sliding shorts? No way! Those are underwear. What are they 10?

I can't speak for other girls but my kid wouldn't think of wearing a slider with out drawers underneath. Does that make them more like shorts?

Jul 26, 2010
They're no different then bike shorts, really, but that said, players need to remember that they represent their team at all times when they are at a tournament. They should practice respect and dignity when in uniform and while participating in their teams activities. More college scholarships are lost in the bathroom of tournaments then on the field. While I realize this is just a 10u team, the same principles apply.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, i thought about the bike shorts, but I am not seeing men and women wear them as an outfit. They are either on the bike or in at the Quickie Mart.

Sliding pants started out as compression shorts, like MLB players wear. Then, they added the sliding pads. Some coaches don't even like for them to be longer than the player's shorts.

What about a sport's bra and no shirt? Is it different than a swim suit top? (I am glad my kids are raised.) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach