A new spin tool I created

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015
I like it! No need to get caught up in what grip you may actually use in a game, since that's not the point anyway. It's a much better version of the puck.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
While I have questions as to how beneficial this is compared to the hockey puck tool or just using a real ball, I'll buy one just because I'm an addict that must have every tool known to man! LOL
And I'd be glad to support you and your endeavor with this product. I'll post a review once I've had a chance to use it with several girls.

Oct 4, 2018
While I have questions as to how beneficial this is compared to the hockey puck tool or just using a real ball, I'll buy one just because I'm an addict that must have every tool known to man! LOL
And I'd be glad to support you and your endeavor with this product. I'll post a review once I've had a chance to use it with several girls.

Eager to hear your review.

Oct 1, 2015

Thanks!

I think you will find value in it, if in nothing else the catcher being able to get it back to the pitcher at more than 3 feet, something impossible with the puck :).

IMO, the real value shows up when the student can accurately see the spin and experiment to self-correct, which a lot of youth have trouble with on a full ball.

Looking forward to your review.

Oct 1, 2015
Does it have bebefits for the overhand throw??

Yes, and side arm.

It becomes very clear if you're fingers aren't behind the ball at release, and the spin isn't straight backwards, or has yaw, tilt or roll. And because you can play catch at full velocity, you don't have to alter your throwing mechanics at all to use it.

The person throwing can see it for themselves, and make the small adjustments necessary to get the proper release, and transition back and forth to a full ball with no changes.

My next steps is to get video illustrating all of the uses, and how easy it is to see.

I also hope to get some independent reviews on here, so you don't have to take my word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13