8 year old swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2012
Hey guys,

Could you give me and my daughter some tips on her swing. I see the bat drag in there. I hope she is doing some things well.. Sorry about the glare. link is posted below

IMG 00791 - YouTube

Thanks

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I remember the youngest kid I ever worked with by his answer when I asked him how old he was. He said 9.5
Made me laugh
I would keep it simple and fun
Maybe do some swings and hold the finish. That would tell you how balanced she is and she can feel if she is falling over or can maintain her swing from start to finish

Hitting off the tee look at an imaginary pitcher and then track back to the tee and hit it.
Working the eyes

Maybe try some turboslot gloves and get her to feel the bat in the fingers when hitting.

Straightleg

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Build it from the ground up. Put her shoes on and get her to quit sliding the back foot. I suspect that she just needs someone to show her how to turn her hips and what the back foot needs to do. She will be a strong player, when the season opens, if she stops the happy feet.

Biggest thing is just get her to develop a routine, not just get in there and swing. Just out of curiosity what size and weight is bat?

First thing in the routine would be to get into a good stance a built from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission