4 short clips from each angle of Makenzie from Sunday the 6th of October

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
I'd like to see her perform some 9:00 drills and some 12:00 drills to get an isolated look at how her mind/body thinks a softball should be thrown underhand in a more controlled environment.

Feb 28, 2013
Ok, I think the next set may have her doing some T-drills or 9:00 drills and maybe some K-drills or 12:00 drills. During somebodies thread yesterday, how does her arm circle look from the back?

Nov 29, 2009
One suggestion. Buy a pitching rubber. She looks like she is trying to drive but has nothing to push against.

Feb 28, 2013
@Sparky Guy I am getting one this weekend, We just had to move up to 12U, and we had the little one and it fell apart, the screws came out of the rubber, do nothing to put the spikes in. What is the best portable one to buy, because that last one I bought was terrible.

Feb 28, 2013
@Ken B. I wish I could find her a pitching coach closer than Little Rock. I would love to see her pitch with great mechanics. I will have to say she has came a long ways since we started this process, with no pitching coach. She is topping out at 48 at 10, With better whip how much more speed, revs would it make that much difference?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I'm with you. The PC's we want are a long way away for us and usually booked. We have a couple local favorites who really connect with the kids, know HOW to pitch, but are a little sketchy on form... In our area, I'd estimate that few understand whip, let alone I/R.

In the meantime, learn what you can and do your best.

Ken

Nov 29, 2009
@Sparky Guy I am getting one this weekend, We just had to move up to 12U, and we had the little one and it fell apart, the screws came out of the rubber, do nothing to put the spikes in. What is the best portable one to buy, because that last one I bought was terrible.

What I did was take a scrap piece of plywood and cut a 6"X24" piece out of it. I drilled a couple of small holes in it just big enough for the couple of 8" spikes I bought from Home Depot.

If you buy a rubber pitching rubber make sure it's a softball pitching rubber. It is larger than a baseball rubber. Get the style that has the brackets attached to the side of rubber. They use spikes to anchor it to the ground so you're not having to pound on the pitching rubber itself when trying to install it in an infield that is very hard.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
You can almost always find some scrap stall/shop mat around. 3/4 to 1 inch mat and like Sparky Guy said, drill a couple holes and get some spikes. I'd also suggest recessing it into the dirt so the top is flush. I use 3/8 inch mat and no-residue duct tape for inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah