2nd try out today...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2010
The big thing is my wife and I DO NOT want to be one of those group of parents that puts our dd in a bad situation or plays her up because its strokes our ego as parents. We arent those type of people.
Then unless your DD is the stud of studs at 9 years old - and I'm fully aware that there are some super-talented young girls out there - is the question of having her playing on a 2nd-year 12u team really on the table?

The things 12- and 13-year-old girls talk about are very different from the conversations going on in the dugouts of 9-11-year-olds. Those two years make a very big difference at that age that were not so apparent when a 6-year-old plays up in 8u.

A 12-year old has more in common with a 15-year-old than a 9-year-old. You're responsible for protecting your own daughter - that's not my domain - but without even considering the negativity potential with regards to that AC, I think it's only fair that this viewpoint be shared with you.

Add to that the fact that, in your words, 'DD loves to pitch', you'd be making a softball mistake by cheating her out of that development. As everyone above has stated, if she wants to pitch, she needs the innings. I'll go a step further and say that, if she's not the CLEAR #1 on a 10u team, then she is not a 12u pitcher. At all.

May 25, 2010
Our story - my DD is a stud pitcher, but while she could make several of the area 12u teams, she would not be a star, nor would she be a top-2 pitcher on any 2nd-year 12u team I've seen. In fact, she would not even be the #1 pitcher on the best 10u teams I have seen.

Your area may be very different from where we live, but I couldn't see putting a young pitcher in a position where she's unlikely to ever see the circle, so I'm uncomfortable suggesting someone should do that.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
SoftSocDad is giving great advice.Get mound time.No sub.for mound time.What pitches work at 10u(mostly fastball) may work at 12u(fastball & change up) wont work at 14u(pitches better move)Fastballs down the middle are mistakes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32