High School Softball (Spring) 2020

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Had our first game today. Was very pleasantly surprised with our non-travel players! We only have 4 TB players so it was awesome to see the rest step up today! Getting hits and making plays against a team that went undefeated last year until their conference championship!

Our Spring Break trip was canceled so now we have 2 weeks off from games. Grrrrrr.......
Who canceled your trip? The school or the tournament director?
Our baseball team leaves for Florida tomorrow. Trip still on.

May 27, 2013
Who canceled your trip? The school or the tournament director?
Our baseball team leaves for Florida tomorrow. Trip still on.

School did. All overnight trips for any purpose are canceled through the rest of the school year.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The Parent Meeting went well. Of course there is always the introduction of myself and a few tidbits which turn a few heads. For example, I make it clear that I am not politically correct and will be loud and get after it. I make sure all parents know to stay out of the dugout. I talked about the list I posted previously in this thread as well letting parents know that while they might have a dd who is a player, we take those things listed seriously and if your dd doesn't fit that mold, there will be problems. For example, I hate it when a player says, "I know" cutting me off when I am trying to coach. That will get an instant response that won't be pleasant.

The fun part is reading some comments from former players or mentioning how some of our HS players are doing now in college. I read a text from one of our girls who I mentioned in the previous post. I also mentioned that between practice and the parent meeting, I had former players who are playing in college come in for a quick hitting session. I believe that yesterday was their day off after traveling and playing so much the previous week. Don't you love it when players are so driven that they drive back home to get in an hour of hitting!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00