2020 Mizuno Power Carbon Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
“Best bats for power hitters” means pretty much nothing to me.

I would guess that more homeruns are currently hit with LXT and Ghost than all other bats combined.

And they are completely different bats. If the bat doesn’t fit the hitter it doesn’t matter what list its on. If everyone hit the same, lists would matter.

At bigger tournaments I haven’t seen many Prism’s. Seems like if they were that good the people who are doing everything they can to get their kids noticed would be rocking them.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I wasn't really trying to get into reviews either as everybody has them. There are a thousand everywhere.
You can see the difference in this thread alone on a bat.

Just that if you are hitting good for a while, then not...usually not the bat. Usually something else is into play there...
that's all.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
“Best bats for power hitters” means pretty much nothing to me.

I would guess that more homeruns are currently hit with LXT and Ghost than all other bats combined.

And they are completely different bats. If the bat doesn’t fit the hitter it doesn’t matter what list its on. If everyone hit the same, lists would matter.

At bigger tournaments I haven’t seen many Prism’s. Seems like if they were that good the people who are doing everything they can to get their kids noticed would be rocking them.
Power Hitters refers to middle of the line-up 3-5/6 stronger girls that use/prefer heavier/possibly endloaded bats.
I would say your wrong about Ghost & LXT home run wise. Plenty of Xeno’s, Demarini’s and others going yard.
Sample size is still relatively small with 2020 bats so you may see more of a mix in the Spring.

Apr 28, 2019
I wasn't really trying to get into reviews either as everybody has them. There are a thousand everywhere.
You can see the difference in this thread alone on a bat.

Just that if you are hitting good for a while, then not...usually not the bat. Usually something else is into play there...
that's all.
Everybody has excuses as well.

Dec 11, 2010
2/3 of the bats being used in bigger tournaments are Ghost/LXT.
Power Hitters refers to middle of the line-up 3-5/6 stronger girls that use/prefer heavier/possibly endloaded bats.
I would say your wrong about Ghost & LXT home run wise. Plenty of Xeno’s, Demarini’s and others going yard.
Sample size is still relatively small with 2020 bats so you may see more of a mix in the Spring.

LOL, yeah those are the generalities for non-stacked teams I guess.

Since pretty much everyone in the lineups I see can hit the ball at, over and to the fence in every lineup position I take lineup position with a grain of salt.

And since roughly 2/3 of all bats I see in competition are Ghost/LXT and the other 1/3 are “everything else”, I’ll stick with what I said.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
I gotta say MB you must be absolutely the most intelligent, well researched and informed person on the internet. Right?

Apr 28, 2019
2/3 of the bats being used in bigger tournaments are Ghost/LXT.

LOL, yeah those are the generalities for non-stacked teams I guess.

Since pretty much everyone in the lineups I see can hit the ball at, over and to the fence in every lineup position I take lineup position with a grain of salt.

And since roughly 2/3 of all bats I see in competition are Ghost/Xeno and the other 1/3 are “everything else”, I’ll stick with what I said.
So which is it Ghost/LXT or Ghost/Xeno? You have both combo’s listed.
The 2020 Ghost & any LXT would be my 1st two choices for bats but I see many Xeno’s, Demarini’s, & Rawlings being used by good D-1 college teams and Team USA.
I was talking about your average travel team not some “Super” team where you have freaks up and down the line-up.
I’m sure bat use/preference is regional like many other things.
I see much more 2020 Ghosts than 18 & 19’s combined. Also many LXT’’s, Xeno’s, some PXT’s, and Demarini’s. Only a handful of Rawlings & Mizuno sprinkled in.

Dec 11, 2010
So which is it Ghost/LXT or Ghost/Xeno? You have both combo’s listed.
The 2020 Ghost & any LXT would be my 1st two choices for bats but I see many Xeno’s, Demarini’s, & Rawlings being used by good D-1 college teams and Team USA.
I was talking about your average travel team not some “Super” team where you have freaks up and down the line-up.
I’m sure bat use/preference is regional like many other things.
I see much more 2020 Ghosts than 18 & 19’s combined. Also many LXT’’s, Xeno’s, some PXT’s, and Demarini’s. Only a handful of Rawlings & Mizuno sprinkled in.

Fixed it. LXT.

As far as colleges.... different discussion. They aren’t making any decisions by online lists of bestest bats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles