2020 Mizuno Power Carbon Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Fixed it. LXT.

As far as colleges.... different discussion. They aren’t making any decisions by online lists of bestest bats.
Well it helps when you get to test everything 1st hand. Not everyone has that luxury. Gotta go with majority impressions.
The PC just has some specific areas of concern that come up. Other bats more of too heavy or prefers other bat. More a personal feel type of thing than a knock on the bat.
I’m not brand loyal and would try any bat but given any uncertainty you gotta go with what you know.

Apr 28, 2019
Who is testing all these bats? Because it isn’t the colleges.
So your telling me bat manufactures don’t use colleges to test bats and get feedback?
Not sure if you’ve noticed but colleges have new bats before the general public.
Local college coach told me when bat contracts are up they bring in other bats to test and get feedback from players what they like. They moved from Slugger to Easton last season.
Obviously money is a BIG factor but bat companies need feedback and “real world” testing to make their claims and set their marketing.
As a coach I would want my girls to be happy with what their swinging but with 20 plus players one manufacturer would be a tough sell and you can’t please everybody.
Bring in as many bats as possible and get a general consensus of the team who likes what. Bring your findings to AD or whoever makes such equipment decisions and give them your favorites/choices.

Apr 28, 2019
So your telling me bat manufactures don’t use colleges to test bats and get feedback?
Not sure if you’ve noticed but colleges have new bats before the general public.
Local college coach told me when bat contracts are up they bring in other bats to test and get feedback from players what they like. They moved from Slugger to Easton last season.
Obviously money is a BIG factor but bat companies need feedback and “real world” testing to make their claims and set their marketing.
As a coach I would want my girls to be happy with what their swinging but with 20 plus players one manufacturer would be a tough sell and you can’t please everybody.
Bring in as many bats as possible and get a general consensus of the team who likes what. Bring your findings to AD or whoever makes such equipment decisions and give them your favorites/choices.
Bat companies also use their sponsored players to test bats. Easton for example uses Haylie M. and you will see bats not out yet on Team USA that she is testing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry, I just do gloves! 🙃 Bats are easy, just get the one that the girl with the most dingers uses, simple!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee