2016 31/20 - Is buying off eBay worth the risk for the reward?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2015
Is it worth the discount to buy on eBay? Most are full retail, so of course, I wouldn't do that, but is it worth the risk of getting a discount... I see a mako 31/20 for 269.95, xeno lxt plus for 254.99 or a Demarini for 269....

Have people had good experiences? Bad experiences? I want to get something this week if I can...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would always check Coresoftball20 first. If his price is competitive buy from him so you know what you are getting and you get a receipt and full warranty. Occasionally he has some non-warranty bats that are cheaper. I have had great experience buying bats off Ebay - I am buying older Stealth and Synergy bats. Just check the seller ratings before you buy. You also need to realize that 99% of Ebay bats will not have a receipt, so doing a warranty return can be problematic.

Apr 28, 2014
I bought DD a Torq back in May on Ebay. I paid $180 shipped new in the wrapper. Great deal.

Jul 21, 2015
If I was you, I would jump on Ebay RIGHT NOW (auction ends in 2 hours) and buy this bat for anything less than $200. Your DD could use it for a year or two and you could sell it for more than you paid for it. Plus it will be hotter than any new bat you can buy.

Smoking Hot Easton Stealth Comp CNT SCN4B 31 21 Fastpitch Softball Bat RARE | eBay

From the listing description: "it does have a very slight wobble but does affect performance." Obviously a typo, but on ebay I always wonder if people do it on purpose and then when it shows up completely dead, the guy is like, "hey, I TOLD you the wobble affected it's performance!"

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
From the listing description: "it does have a very slight wobble but does affect performance." Obviously a typo, but on ebay I always wonder if people do it on purpose and then when it shows up completely dead, the guy is like, "hey, I TOLD you the wobble affected it's performance!"

A little wobble between the barrel and the handle can improve performance, but if it is pronounced some umpires will pull them out after a bat check.

Jun 24, 2011
I've bought three new bats off of eBay with valid receipts. None of them broke and I saved a lot of dough.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The biggest thing to be careful about is warranty issues like JAD said. If you dont get a valid receipt, you are screwed.
So to save 5 bucks, it will cost you much more in the long run if the bat breaks because you basically bought a NR bat
for a few dollars less than a brand new fully returnable.

Also, because I know some of the dealers on there. Some say comes with warranty but it doesnt say they are authorized retailers.
Why? Because some of those guys are 3rd party dealers, not authorized dealers. Which means if you have to return the bat for breakage, you have to return it to them, then they send it in to the manufacturer. They get the bat back, then send to you. Its a lenghty process and the manufacturers are trying to get rid of these type sellers. Also, remember, this type seller will not get any help from the manufacturers if you need a favor if something happens to the bat. You will have no contact with the manufacturer as they will do nothing for you.

Just do your due diligence when buying off ebay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck