2015 Mako Arrived

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
bats

I think it's funny how people feel about their bats. DD'S team this past summer switched from mostly Xenos to Makos by the end of the season. Now last night a parent told me her DD didn't like her Mako at all and only used her Xeno. This girl let another girl borrow it later in practice and she hit some bombs. She yelled, I want this bat!

You know how many bats we have IML. IMO it is the least exciting of all of them. The srv, scn, cf6, xeno, and lxt all feel more springy. I think it is a quality thing with just this one particular bat. I thought it needed some break in like the srvs', but it just isn't getting there.
Yeah. ..I know you have a bat for every mood:)
I do think you got a dud then which is too bad. We ended up selling 6 of our bats after we bought the first Mako but kept the 2B for cold weather. The CF5 we sold was used by a friend that hit her first Homerun of her life (a junior) the first day she used it.

our team which was 12u this yr implemented the mako, and the CF5 composites, from my experience this yr it was a huge difference in 45 games we scored 486 runs so a 10+ run avg/game but 3/4 through the season the CF5 shattered (yup it did) and the Mako just didn't have the pop that it had b4 so we ended up buying 2 more Mako's and got the CF5 replaced and added a CF6 for this coming yr my ? is whats the life expectancy of these bats? are we going to have to buy new ones every yr?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
is whats the life expectancy of these bats? are we going to have to buy new ones every yr?

Bats are NOT made to last. Bats have developed into what people want. People want instant peformance over durability. You still get a free bat (yes, its built into the cost when manufacturers figure price point) anyway when it breaks.

Oct 10, 2011
mako

Imlearning, how is she liking the -9 Mako?
She absolutely loves the bat and said it feels so good when you hit the ball. We have 2 but I'm selling one to get one that is a little lighter for when we see some of the better pitchers next summer. We've both had our farthest hits ever with this bat but it did need a break in.

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks- a local big box had a 32/33 in stock, I am going to get my 12 year old down there to swing it. Don't see many -9 bats in stores, especially that short. I'm hoping it feels end loaded enough for her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez