2004 Rocket Tech?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I go to Play It Again Sports twice a month looking for bargains, and I can't believe my luck. I walked in this morning and saw two Anderson Rocket Techs in the rack for $99.95 each. One I recognized as a 2005 32/23, in good shape but with a number of waves in it. The other one was also a 32/23, in good shape, but I did not recognize what year. It had an "ASA 2000" stamp and the barrel had no waves in it.

I decided to buy the second one, since I want to get DD a cold weather bat, and I was not sure I could get the waves out of the 2005. I figured if she liked swinging an end-loaded bat, that I would buy her the new Rocket Tech next year.

I got home and looked at Google images, and it looks like this is a 2004 model.:D I'm hoping some people more knowledgable than me can tell me if this is a 2004.
RT1.jpg
RT2.jpg

If this is really the 2004, should I turn around and sell it or should I have DD use the bat and see how she likes it?:confused: I hit some fly balls with in in practice today and the ball just flies off of it, so I'm leaning toward seeing if DD likes the bat.

Attachments

• RT2.jpg
    RT2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 27
Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
If your DD likes it I would say keep it . I bought a Demarini Phenix for 40 bucks at Play it again sports and everyone said I should sell it on Ebay because it was worth a couple hundred dollars . My DD likes it and so do her team mates , it has plenty of Pop left in it and if it gets broken I am only out 40 bucks . I guess I would prefer that my DD and her team mates benefit from my thriftiness than making a few bucks so someone else can .

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The waves are a normal part of these bats. There would be no need to try and get them out.
I can't get the larger picture to load, but it does look like a 2004.
One thing that I look for, when I buy these bats, is to see if the pins are present in the end cap. That was a major problem, with them.

Use the bat. You can always re-sell it.

Oct 25, 2009
I go to Play It Again Sports twice a month looking for bargains, and I can't believe my luck. I walked in this morning and saw two Anderson Rocket Techs in the rack for $99.95 each. One I recognized as a 2005 32/23, in good shape but with a number of waves in it. The other one was also a 32/23, in good shape, but I did not recognize what year. It had an "ASA 2000" stamp and the barrel had no waves in it.

I decided to buy the second one, since I want to get DD a cold weather bat, and I was not sure I could get the waves out of the 2005. I figured if she liked swinging an end-loaded bat, that I would buy her the new Rocket Tech next year.

I got home and looked at Google images, and it looks like this is a 2004 model.:D I'm hoping some people more knowledgable than me can tell me if this is a 2004.
View attachment 1452
View attachment 1454

If this is really the 2004, should I turn around and sell it or should I have DD use the bat and see how she likes it?:confused: I hit some fly balls with in in practice today and the ball just flies off of it, so I'm leaning toward seeing if DD likes the bat.

The images are '04s. Keep it, she'll love the results. The '05 has a mostly blue barrel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd