1st Year 14U Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I would add that her rear knee gets over and slightly beyond her rear foot during her load. IMO the negative move should stay inside the rear foot. The pressure of the move should be felt mainly on the inside of the ball of her back foot, below her big toe.

If she did what you said, she would end up also doing what I said :D

SL

DB1

Apr 23, 2009
Metro East StL
First off, thanks for the comments. I actually do lurk at the other site and have no problem with FFS making the gif and posting it there. I actually appreciate all feedback and hope to be able to improve upon what we have started. I also didn't see anything negative from the other posters there in regards to her swing there either. In all honesty, if I had thought it was perfect, I wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

On her swing, she definitely has bigger actions when hitting on the tee, but I understand the concern over the front hip coil vs coiling over a solid rear leg. In the past, she has relied on her upper body strength and has short circuited the load so we have kind of exaggerated it too much in an effort to get it more consistent. We have talked about a solid rear leg, need to emphasize that a little more.

We have also talked more about the hands as her swing has had some drag in the past too.

CB, yeah, she wears those pants everywhere. She is in 8th grade now. She keeps pretty busy between the different sports, so we try to do what we can in the time we have available. Thanks for the comments.

Oct 25, 2009
Along with the tweaks mentioned in the other posts, make sure she practices plenty of overswings. Swinging much harder and faster than she thinks she can. Don't worry much with a perfect swing when overswinging. She already looks strong, overswinging will reveal even more strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG