15 year old how are we doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2016
Been working hard on getting barrel behind the ball. Trying our best to keep the back hip hinged. Trying to get top hand up bottom hand down early. Basically get a deeper swing.

there maybe a better way to post the video?

May 12, 2016
Been working hard on getting barrel behind the ball. Trying our best to keep the back hip hinged. Trying to get top hand up bottom hand down early. Basically get a deeper swing.

there maybe a better way to post the video?

Quick question, how does she handle the low outside pitch? Edit: Especially off speed?

There are 2 reasons why I ask is this,
1. efastball brought up the point of landing straight legged and leaning back,
2. she also lands a little open, or that's what it looks like from this angle

Combine both of these and I believe she could be susceptible to the low outside pitch, especially a changeup.

JMHO

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She is leaning back because she doesn't keep rear hip hinged long enough and extend hips too early. She also has a little ABAF aspect to her swing which is not the end of the world but would try to have her more out more like Justin Stone suggest in this video around the 6:30 mark.

Jan 29, 2016
Tee is too deep to really see whats what. got any game swings or toss swings?
We were doing that on purpose to get her to try to turn her hands sooner. I have some other swings but they are different than this swing. She was way out front before pulling the knob down and across her body, lunging a bit and letting her front shoulder rotate out away from the ball.

Jan 29, 2016
Quick question, how does she handle the low outside pitch? Edit: Especially off speed?

There are 2 reasons why I ask is this,
1. efastball brought up the point of landing straight legged and leaning back,
2. she also lands a little open, or that's what it looks like from this angle

Combine both of these and I believe she could be susceptible to the low outside pitch, especially a changeup.

JMHO
We are reworking some things and want to make sure we are on the right path. I will post one of her old swings. It was a very weight out front lunging swing which we are trying to correct. We have been watching alot of Antonelli videos online. When she was lunging she out in front of everything except inside pitches. She has been getting better at the outside pitch as of late. Yes i see now the landing of the front leg and we will definitely work on that. She does land a little open but not much, but i see your point makes sense. Thank you for your feedback.

Jan 29, 2016
She is leaning back because she doesn't keep rear hip hinged long enough and extend hips too early. She also has a little ABAF aspect to her swing which is not the end of the world but would try to have her more out more like Justin Stone suggest in this video around the 6:30 mark.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I totally agree with the hip not hinged. We were specifically working on that last night. Thanks for the ABAF comment as well. I was not catching that last night. I definitely see it. She is usually a little better about the rearward motion as she is striding. That should also create more space to turn her hands earlier or deeper in her swing. Thank you.

May 12, 2016
We are reworking some things and want to make sure we are on the right path. I will post one of her old swings. It was a very weight out front lunging swing which we are trying to correct. We have been watching alot of Antonelli videos online. When she was lunging she out in front of everything except inside pitches. She has been getting better at the outside pitch as of late. Yes i see now the landing of the front leg and we will definitely work on that. She does land a little open but not much, but i see your point makes sense. Thank you for your feedback.
Cheers, keep up the great work, and best wishes!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying