15 year old how are we doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Yes you mentioned that.. but how much pressure should be on the front leg? If the knee is bent I assume there is some weight on it... how should the weight be distributed IYO?
'Pressure' is the same whether bent or straight, I guess. The neck should be past the back foot, maybe 40-50% between the feet, not sure exactly. Trout looks about halfway. Here are some others.

batters-at-toetouch.png

May 12, 2016
He said they should land with a bent front leg? Why not just leave it at that?
It makes a difference, I can reach with a bent front leg... like I do in my swings. Or I can land with pressure, I think this is something the OP might want to know as well

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin

Here's one of Trout hitting a bit deeper similar to the young lady in the OPs post. Angles are more the same here. I do not see him turning the hips as much though.
Are you saying the torso should be stacked vertical above the waist? With the OPs hitter, it does look more reverse C, but that seems to be due to the fact her hips are turned more.
Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 6.34.42 PM.png
1629070748327.png

Jan 29, 2016
Thank you FanBoi22 for that last post. I was just taking in everyone's opinions. I don't think the angle is too far off either. What i do see is my daughter's right knee is not driving forward enough, the flex in the toe shouldn't be there (its not flexed much though), her right hip is released and not hinged. I think that creates the reverse C. I think the key thing we will be working on is keeping that hinge in the back hip. I think its pushing forward (releasing or how ever you want to put it) and that is causing some energy to come off the ball out to the left or behind her.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Thank you FanBoi22 for that last post. I was just taking in everyone's opinions. I don't think the angle is too far off either. What i do see is my daughter's right knee is not driving forward enough, the flex in the toe shouldn't be there (its not flexed much though), her right hip is released and not hinged. I think that creates the reverse C. I think the key thing we will be working on is keeping that hinge in the back hip. I think its pushing forward (releasing or how ever you want to put it) and that is causing some energy to come off the ball out to the left or behind her.
I am not very educated on what the legs are trying to do in the swing, but i do believe that the bottom half is the initiation of the 'brakes' in the swing. If you look at some Sierra Romero swing, it will show you how far one can take keeping the rear leg as an anchor.

I believe what you are talking about is the rear hip extension as a result of that braking/anchoring. It is the result and not the action IMO. I think i recall Latta having some drill that you swing and bring the rear knee thru like donkey kicking someone in front of you. Not sure if that is what you are intending by bringing the knee thru. I just don't think its an action you promote as much as it is a result of the swing. I see trouts knee a little farther forward as a result of his overall position at launch. If i am not mistaken he also scissors a bit and has his rear foot lift off the ground a bit, but i think that is a result of the front side ground force......

Not sure what i am saying anymore, except that i am not sure what you intend to get out of driving the rear knee forward. I am genuinely curious as anything that can help i am all for. I just don't understand fully.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom