15 year old how are we doing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
It looks to me like she is losing space during her launch. Her pelvis moves closer to the plate which blocks the hands from a clean path to the ball. Causes roll overs, pop ups, flares etc. simply creating a sagittal load should cure that.

pushing the hips back, while staying tall should create the hinge you‘re after. Using the legs as supporters and not drivers should help maintain the posture or hip hinge thereafter.

1628634821646.gif

1628635218924.gif

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
EF, can you please clarify if you are saying she should be landing more 50/50. This is one of those terms that starts arguments, that is not my intention, I am curious what you believe and maybe this will help the OP
Land with a bent front leg (vs the straight front leg). This may fix the green vs yellow torso alignment, plus it will help complete the torso rotation (notice how Trout's front leg straightens to contact, which pushes his front hip backwards..

May 12, 2016
Land with a bent front leg (vs the straight front leg). This may fix the green vs yellow torso alignment.
Yes you mentioned that.. but how much pressure should be on the front leg? If the knee is bent I assume there is some weight on it... how should the weight be distributed IYO?

Jun 8, 2016
Yes you mentioned that.. but how much pressure should be on the front leg? If the knee is bent I assume there is some weight on it... how should the weight be distributed IYO?
Lol..yeah you don’t want to start sh%#…🙄

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse