15 y/o DD Swing Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
Hate to jump this thread but my DD has the same problem that her top elbow (right elbow for righty hitter) is going toward her stomach during her swing when it should go to the slot position. This is causing her to get under the ball, ie barrell below her hands (pop up to infield or short grass). She has good weight transfer and when she makes good connection the ball is hit solid. I'm looking for the answer/way to stop her sloting at her stomach and to start and stay with her top elbow slotted at her side/seam of pants. If I missed the answer above, I'm sorry. Thread got a little convuluted for me with the lower/upper half info. Thanks for any help and once again sorry to jump the post. As far as a video goes, I have a couple but can't get them uploaded to here from the RVP app on my Droid.

Sep 1, 2014
Back leg look OK to me... I would personally like to see a little more weight shift by stride or more hip bump. As far as the elbow issue goes, I agree it needs adjusted. Have her drive the right forearm into the slot instead of leading with the elbow. Leading the elbow only causes a dip and uppercut as well as prevents them from using the lat back muscles.

Could you please elaborate on the comment to drive the right forearm in the slot instead of leading with the elbow...I really think this is going to fix a lot but would like more of your thoughts on this swing cue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877