14U Pitching Distance for 2010-11 Season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
Has anyone heard if the ASA, NSA, USSSA, etc. will be moving the pitching distance for 14U to 43' for the 2010-11 Season? I read somewhere that the USSSA had already made the change but can't verify it anywhere. If so... are there any links that show the rule change?

Jul 28, 2008
That has been in there the whole year. ASA does not meet until November. This must pass out of their rules committee before even being voted upon by the ASA board. I don't see it happening. NSA has not changed theirs to 43', either. I do not know about Pony and the others.

Personally, I don't like the rule change. They're trying to make it a hitters game. If I wanted to be involved with that, I'd put my girls in baseball.

Jul 26, 2010
I can't wait for it to get changed. At 14u you often have girls who play HS ball where the rules are 43' and have been for a few years now. It drives them crazy having to switch back and forth all the time.

BTW, moving to 43' does not make it a hitters game. Lowering the strike zone below the sternum (college rules) makes it a hitters game as it makes the riseball mostly impotent.

-W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish