12U Hitting "Slump"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Watch the BELT LOOPS:
sahvanna_jaquish_hr_zps806sic3s.gif

hugo_gs_zpsydymoy3t.gif

Pujols-Albert-2011-Behind-GRD-RFL-Load-Loop.gif

Good examples of the front hip pulling action :cool:

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
To the OP, I don't get into the technical things like scap load and all. Good things to know and teach, or find an instructor that can teach your DD these things. What I see on the practical side of things.....Do lots of front toss with your DD and have her focus on the front foot stride being right back at the pitcher. Have her focus on even stepping inside of straight slightly, and on hitting balls to the right side of second base. Let the ball travel deep enough to hit it between second base and about where the second base person would normally stand. One cue that worked for my dd was to keep the front elbow leading towards the pitcher, and to keep the front shoulder in longer. I see your DD in the GIF opening front side and shoulder too early and "bailing out" as some said above. Also in the GIF if you watch her eyes/head, she pulls her eyes off and they appear to almost be closed as she is swinging. Have her focus on watching the ball all the way in. Throw her some pitches and have her not even swing, just focus on watching the ball all the way in and call "ball" or "strike" as they go by her. Good luck to you and your DD.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I like the scap issue being discussed. I will only add that there is a restriction in the hips. To much much tension perhaps and simply "allowing" the hips to turn might help a great deal.

How are you teaching hip turn? Any pelvic loading?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06