11 yr old DD 7 months in

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
first 3 months on our own. Once a month lessons for the last 4. . Always enjoy the commentary on the pitchers so I thought I'd throw my DD out there for kicks. Plus it's been kinda quiet today.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
Hey Flog. Thanks for the video.
Just some basics I quickly noticed to work on.
86ff3588776bcad576cf8ff8d620420c.jpg

Not bad here. Ball
Facing catcher. Slight bend in arm.
851b59f6207ce3eaa303441e19ddb30c.jpg

Here ball facing third. Not perfect but could get away with it. Arm is straightening. Need
To keep the bend.
893bb92d3a23886198d9609dcc372bc0.jpg

Wheels fell off here. Ball facing down and arm poker straight. With ir ball needs to be up or at least facing third and a bend in it. This is more classic HE technique. Good if that’s what you are going for.
4c462ed39de47195fa8c5b47e3f7f6be.jpg

And here a more
Classic HE release. Next pick would have shown a wrist snap and bicep flex.
If you are moving to ir work on ball placement and internal rotation/pronation at release.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
A flexed elbow needs to lead the downswing with the hand almost under the ball. She has a pushing motion rather than a throwing motion from 9 o'clock to release. She needs to use the 'lock it in' drill to get the feel for what she should be doing.

Sep 29, 2014
If this is her actual pitching motion and not a drill she needs to be about ten times more explosive and that is going to come from leg drive...she can do two things at once...let's really work on driving off and having much better drive right now she is just stepping and throwing. But first and foremost go back to the pitching thread sticky on IR on start with lock it in drill...even full speed it was my first impression "looks likes she is pushing the ball", then back chain to K type drill where she can work on keeping elbow bent. It's OK if you see her doing well in drills but breaking down with full motion, just don't let her go too long then go back to the point that she can do it with proper form. If you aren't sure exactly what is meant by either of these things just ping back in this thread and someone can break it down more for you, but info should be in the sticky.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish