10U Skills Video?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Is a 10 year old hitting off a machine at 60 a huge deal? It seems to me it's less the speed and more the mental side of facing a girl who might hit you in the side with the ball. Our team does really well off the machine and some of them can hit with it cranked up that high (not many, but a few, and we're a B team and not a powerhouse hitting team by any means). But put them against a fast live pitcher and they never connect at speeds a good bit lower than that. DH noticed DD steps out as she swings against fast pitchers. That has to be mental more than physical. Sorry to derail the fun conversation with a real question. lol

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Dd's bat gets in way of ball, throw as fast as you want. :)

(Her swinging is a stretch, she will put her bat out there and make contact)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
60 mph off a pitching machine can be pretty challenging for a 10-year-old. If it's really 60 mph.

But, with enough practice, you can get pretty good at hitting off a machine. Unfortunately, the real pitchers are human and much less predictable.

Nov 18, 2013
...and if the pitching machine is set to 60 we all know that's exactly how fast it's "throwing"!

If its like radar guns that all read "slow" we'd have to add 10 mph. So she was really hitting balls coming in at 70 mph!

Feb 14, 2014
I'm going to top that when I produce my dd10's skills video by adding the cartwheel and splits she does when her name is called for a trophy presentation. Then, she can get a gymnastics scholarship, too!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi