10U Rec. – Disgruntled

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
Thanks for all the replies, I will re-read a few times and try to take the advice to heart.

DD did not want go to the game last night, In some part it has to be due to my poor attitude. That is unacceptable and I need to change my attitude immediately. Wish me luck.

I wish all parents/coaches had this epiphany/approach. I have had to learn this lesson the hard way myself by making the same mistake. In the past, I all too often let my thinking cloud how my DD felt about things. And I can tell you as a coach this is one of the biggest issues we all have to contend with through the season. I congratulate you on your honesty and wish you (and me!!!) the best of luck in trying to just let our DDs play the game.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
If you're going to voice your displeasure with a coach or anything else related to the team it's best to do so away from your DD. She may be just fine with everything. However, if you're not happy then something must be wrong with the team in her mind. She will not be happy then. Kids will follow their parents lead. Be careful where you lead her.

Or kids can figure it out for themselves. My DD made some pretty insightful observations about her travel team coaches (daddyball). My DW and I agreed with her. I would never bad mouth her coaches, but at the same time I would never tell her she is wrong when she is spot on with her assessement. She will finish the season and then decide what her next step is. At 14U (and older), the kids are a lot more insightful than we give them credit for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks