10u Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
It's only the best if it works because it doesn't always. Try and get to the chip with your best pitcher as fresh as possible. We've lost in pool play against other teams number 1 and our #2 or 3 and beat them in the semi's . We've also been put out with our number 1 on the bench by underestimating the other teams ability.

Apr 14, 2022
It's only the best if it works because it doesn't always. Try and get to the chip with your best pitcher as fresh as possible. We've lost in pool play against other teams number 1 and our #2 or 3 and beat them in the semi's . We've also been put out with our number 1 on the bench by underestimating the other teams ability.
DD’s team settled on the opposite. In tournaments with pool one day bracket the next. Best pitcher/calmest/most competitive leads off both days. The pitcher is then available relieve. This seems to settle everything down.
This is more mental than anything. If the play well and either win/lose pool game, or play well and win bracket game. They seem to play well the rest of day/tournament.
This works until it does not. Lol. We have had tournament where you wished the number 1 was able for a complete game against the best team or waited too late in relief. I think this is right for them, the team plays so much better and more confident. Also their is not a big gap 1-3 on their best days, much bigger gap worst days. It may not necessarily be your best, but the one who will battle the hardest and calm the team back down if the defense gets shaky.
I do not think a correct strategy exists, just have a plan, a reason, and stick to it.

May 16, 2019
I should have mentioned we usually play 1 day tournaments usually 5 games hour twenty drop dead in a day. It gives our #2-3 a chance to pitch in meaningful games. We have an average team with some great kids that enjoy softball and each other. We wanted a bigger challenge getting ready for HS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles