10u pitching speeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
That's very true. Some girls mature earlier than others so as they grow and develop some hit a peak and others keep going passing them up. Others are just truly gifted and are always ahead.

May 31, 2012
An 02 was clocked on radar at 58 this weekend in our tourney. If the gun was off a couple of miles an hour she hit 55-56. Pretty stout. Some kids are gifted and work their tail off to continuously improve.

That's how it all starts. Was she consistently hitting 58 or was that a one time reading.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
The guy that clocked her said she hit 58 and he saw 56 and 57 mixed in. She doesn't play with our organization so I do not see her often so she may have been on this weekend. The only time my DD's team faced her in the past she was dominant.

May 31, 2012
According to my math which may be wrong. That's the same reaction time as 70-71 from 43ft and with a small ball. How many 10yo can hit that. I heard there was a kid at turf wars throwing 53 last weekend.

The guy that clocked her said she hit 58 and he saw 56 and 57 mixed in. She doesn't play with our organization so I do not see her often so she may have been on this weekend. The only time my DD's team faced her in the past she was dominant.

I would have to see it to believe it .....I've heard so many times that a girl is throwing this and a girl is throwing that and every time i have my radar gun with me no one says anything lol.....this weekend we had a local tourney and there was one huge 10U and all i heard was damn!!! shes throwing gas has to be 55 mph!!!!! I radared her that same game an inning later and she was throwing a blistering 45 MPH and that was the fastest pitch!!! We have a stud 10U pitcher around here and from what i hear every team in So Cal wants this kid and shes not this fast

Thing1Thing2

Softball
Jan 25, 2013
Georgia
We played this weekend in one of the southeast best tourneys. 10u "A" had 24 teams. Out of those my best guess is at least 8 teams had girls that hit 50 consistently. The successful girls were at least 45 plus with a good change.

Was at Turf Wars and would have to agree... I didn't get to see all the girls pitching, but the "talked" about ones we saw and saw the gun on them. Averaging 2 pitchers per team... That's 48 pitchers and to have 6-8 throwing 50+ doesn't seem that out of line. It means it's the top 1-2 "speed" pitchers in the 3 states that were represented were bringing it. I give them the respect now.

May 31, 2012
Was at Turf Wars and would have to agree... I didn't get to see all the girls pitching, but the "talked" about ones we saw and saw the gun on them. Averaging 2 pitchers per team... That's 48 pitchers and to have 6-8 throwing 50+ doesn't seem that out of line. It means it's the top 1-2 "speed" pitchers in the 3 states that were represented were bringing it. I give them the respect now.
What would you say the avg size of these 6-8 pitchers.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Not saying there are, or are not, 10U pitchers who throw 50+ MPH, but one guy walking around a ball park with an uncalibrated radar gun or a "grandpa stabbing motion", can create a "whale" of a story......

A couple of years ago we were at a 12U tournament and one of our dads was behind the backstop gunning my DD. She was throwing @ 47 MPH at the time, but when a couple of parents walked by and asked how fast she was throwing he said "57" kidding around with them. I swear not an hour later there were rumors around the park about a STUD pitcher who was throwing "close to 60 MPH".....

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
The guy with the gun at Turf Wars that I personally know is a well respected pitching coach. The girl was not a student of his so no self promoting going on.

A lot of the same teams will be in Carrollton, Ga in a couple of weeks. We need a board member to perform an experiment with a gun and get a sampling of pitch speeds. Any volunteers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors