10u pitching mechanics feedback welcome.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I think Sluggers is on target with his analysis regarding her position and posture. Basically she is leaning to keep the ball down in the zone because her hips are very closed at release. go4fpsb makes some great observations . She is able to create some internal rotation (as defined in earlier threads by BoardMember) giving her some pop for her age. the lean is and will be a problem. She could also never release a roll over drop with that body position and she will want to later.

I am working on the lean issue with my 10U as well. We are improving by her focusing on pulling the elbow down from the top of the circle while she has the arm open towards third. When that elbow gets to the hip it is time to whip that forearm and release the wrist. This has helped her a great deal and it will help your pitcher have an arm bend naturally vs telling her to bend her elbow.

I am telling my dd to throw through her body to the catcher with her elbow and right shoulder and not around her body. this is putting her in a much better posture and release location than when she closes and leans like youir pitcher. Look at sluggers post and see how late her release point really is.

just a few thoughts.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877