10U pitcher ? about arm and shoulder.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2011
This is a great site, just came across it. Hope to gain some good info and give out some as well. Have a question about my 10 year old daughter. She's been pitching for over 3 years and she pitches fast. I recently had a pitching coach come to one of our practices and tell me she's using her shoulder to much with her arm rotation. I cant see what he's talking about and the other 3 coaches have never caught this. He says it will make it harder on her pitching multiple games when she's older. Has anyone else experience this. If so how can i correct it if i cant catch whats going on. I do know she can be inconsistant especially when she's off which gets her pulled more often. When she's on she's the best in our league. I'm trying to slow her down a little and get better accuracy but she wont. She has a great snap and ball spin. We are always working, she's a great hard worker always wanting to better herself.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It is impossible to tell without a video.

During a pitch for a rightie, the right shoulder drops at release. If your DD isn't dropping her right shoulder, then she is probably "muscling" the ball.

But, we really need a video SHOT FROM THE 3B SIDE.

Feb 17, 2011
Yeah i've been wanting to video tape her and slow it down so i can tell. I think he said muscling the ball too. I'll see about video, never done it but i think its time to try it.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kodak Playsport Camcorder, fits in your pocket < $125.

Even if you do not post the videos it is worth getting to show your DD, and other players, what they are doing right and/ or wrong. Nothing like showing opposed to telling.

The screen is smaller than most but it stands up to a beating. Drop it all you want, let it rain on it, etc. keeps on ticking. You can obviously upload videos it to your computer and the picture is as big as you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad