10u dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ball Game

Banned
May 8, 2015
Recommending shoulder tilt to fix her swing is comical....:confused:

The reason she is hitting grounders is, upper body ahead, arm swing. Bat path is on a downward path when the sequence is off.

Sequence Fix.
Load inside of leg, rear butt/hip.....then step out and separate. Don't stretch arms, hands back until she starts to step out.
Next after sequence is fixed...Stand her bat up taller.
Flat bat equals circular swing, hitting across the ball.
Once her bat is taller, she will be able to release underneath.

Sequence adjustment will fix her ball flight and give her lift.

Good Luck
Straightleg

1. I didn't see many ground balls in this video
2. I don't see a flat bat
3. Where is shoulder tilt recommended? I see a gif of the different shoulder articulation on different pitch locations?

I recommend some T work and moving the T around. IN out up down etc.
Id like to see how she swings at a low pitch!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
1. I didn't see many ground balls in this video
2. I don't see a flat bat
3. Where is shoulder tilt recommended? I see a gif of the different shoulder articulation on different pitch locations?

I recommend some T work and moving the T around. IN out up down etc.
Id like to see how she swings at a low pitch!

1. Re-Read the original posters question
2. Re-watch the video....her bat is resting on her shoulder and is parallel to the ground when she swings
3. Re-look at First poster video of shoulder tilt for the fix to the posters question.

SL

Jul 6, 2014
Ohio
NBD, I bet when she connects the ball goes a long way! I'm curious though, do you or does someone else teach her that palmy grip? I also kind of like that little stop swing after her first full swing, though it looks like it slips in her hand the bat is on her shoulder. Personally, I like the little half swings I see a lot of the LSU girls using for muscle memory.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I also kind of like that little stop swing after her first full swing,
Do you mean this below(borrowed gif from RHC)
17%20drill_zpsxl6fjnmp.gif

I would like to have seen this but, with a RHD grip(reverse hand drill: open grip). Again JMHO.

Jul 6, 2014
Ohio
Do you mean this below(borrowed gif from RHC)
17%20drill_zpsxl6fjnmp.gif

I would like to have seen this but, with a RHD grip(reverse hand drill: open grip). Again JMHO.

Yes, but in her finger tips (not opposed to the RHD either). Five swings like that then a full swing - over and over.

Nov 12, 2014
NEMO
BIG rear side spin out. It looks like she's practicing a rear side spin out. If she was driving with her rear leg while doing that, it would cause serious medical issues with her knees. Roll onto the instep and push forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes