10u dd

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 24, 2012
Ok guys here are some new swings. She had some bad luck this year. She fractured her finger in Basketball in the fall and had to sit out 2 months in march and April with Little league shoulder. Anyways she seems to be hitting a lot of ground balls this year.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
30vyioj.jpg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Recommending shoulder tilt to fix her swing is comical....:confused:

The reason she is hitting grounders is, upper body ahead, arm swing. Bat path is on a downward path when the sequence is off.

Sequence Fix.
Load inside of leg, rear butt/hip.....then step out and separate. Don't stretch arms, hands back until she starts to step out.
Next after sequence is fixed...Stand her bat up taller.
Flat bat equals circular swing, hitting across the ball.
Once her bat is taller, she will be able to release underneath.

Sequence adjustment will fix her ball flight and give her lift.

Good Luck
Straightleg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
What is comical is someone believing that forced shoulder tilt was recommended.

What I see is this girls swing gives the appearance of a "swing level to the ground" mentality. Hence the earlier request for feedback on swings at pitches located at the knees. The video I provided clearly shows that bat angle at contact is a function of pitch location.

Apr 24, 2012
SL I thought she was in sequence when I watched the video. Im sure her stretch could be better but I thought she was in sequence(Im probably wrong). I agree on the flat bat she wasnt like that before, must of came with the time off. That will be something we will work on thanks.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
SL I thought she was in sequence when I watched the video. Im sure her stretch could be better but I thought she was in sequence(Im probably wrong). I agree on the flat bat she wasnt like that before, must of came with the time off. That will be something we will work on thanks.

Is she all back all forward in the video?

SL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06