10U Coach Giving Take Sign on 3-0 Count

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Give them the take..like I said in my first post it isn’t a big deal but the whole teaching strategy crap is laughable.

May 13, 2021
To the “adults” making the decisions and 4315 days old. You keep living in your little bubble..
I am not even close to living in a bubble, however when I teach someone to play a game I tend to try my best to teach them the correct way from the start. Everyone will be relieved to know they can start caring if there kids win or loose just prior to there 12th birthday.

Jun 8, 2016
I am not even close to living in a bubble, however when I teach someone to play a game I tend to try my best to teach them the correct way from the start. Everyone will be relieved to know they can start caring if there kids win or loose just prior to there 12th birthday.
Lose, their and good math. If you think winning is important at 10U then yes you live in a bubble. Worry about teaching them the correct way to field a ground ball and throw because from what I see that is sorely lacking in general. The Mensa level strategy of takes on 3-0 can wait.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021
Lose, their and good math. If you think winning is important at 10U then yes you live in a bubble. Worry about teaching them the correct way to field a ground ball and throw because from what I see that is sorely lacking in general. The Mensa level strategy of takes on 3-0 can wait.
It is just as important in 10u as any other age group until you get to a level where someone could lose their job because of it.

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
POP Quiz:

So if teaching all this hitting strategy is a priority, then why do you need to give them a take sign 3-0?

A. Because they didn't learn it

or

B. Because you did a shirt job of teaching it

If it's a priority and you taught them well enough to understand not to hit 3-0 pitches even if it's grooved fat over the heart of the plate, then why is the take sign necessary? They already should know what to do.

May 27, 2022
POP Quiz:

So if teaching all this hitting strategy is a priority, then why do you need to give them a take sign 3-0?

A. Because they didn't learn it

or

B. Because you did a shirt job of teaching it

If it's a priority and you taught them well enough to understand not to hit 3-0 pitches even if it's grooved fat over the heart of the plate, then why is the take sign necessary? They already should know what to do.
Because it is 10U and, contrary to what some believe, some girls are still learning the game.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414