10u- 90 min. Practice Routine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2021
Hello everyone. The abundance of information out there is overwhelming. Still consider myself a rookie coach striving to better myself. It’s myself and two other coaches. When I try to put together a full practice routine it kind of becomes a bit scattered as practice goes on. Can anyone post a 10u practice routine that I can present at our practice and stick to it for the full 90 minutes. It would greatly help my confidence as well as our girls I’m sure. We are the B travel team so the focus on fundamentals is paramount. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

May 6, 2015

May 6, 2015

May 6, 2015
FUNdamentals - spend most of the practice in small groups at stations (2-4 girls), need lots of reps. keep em moving. get them tired.

FUNdamentals - do not spend a whole lot of time on scenarios (ie full field, you hitting to them) it has a place and time, but for 10u, should be limited.

other than at very end, do not talk for more than 45 seconds at a time . . they will zone out.

oh, did I mention Fundamental skills.

stress practice is the time to play fearlessly, make lots of mistakes. and let them make mistakes in games to, do not have them play safe, go for plays they have no chance of completing, because if they keep doing it, eventually they will make it.

Feb 21, 2017
If you do one thing for their 12U/14U or 18U Coach teach them to catch and throw. Teach throwing and catching form and then throw around the diamond, lots. You can also do similar star drills. It will also help your team.

Keep it simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes