Trying to teach my daughter how to bat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Cbull, this kind of relates to your PM, and hopefully helps you understand the hands and turning the barrel around them.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Lots of good advise from everyone.

I was at Allpenrose watching the final game, and the New jersey girls had some awesome swings.
One of the girls on deck, was taking some practice cuts with her hands right next to her face, hands tight.
she rocked the first pitch to the fence.

Posture(il= like this cue), the head will not move much, if you keep the posture, keep the lean or tilt.

But the HANDS, learn to pivot the bat with the hands, learn to turn the barrel in a tight arc.

Her head must be close to the tee, for this slightly behind the tee also.

So a close tee, and pivot the bat, get rid of the arms for now.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
StealthDrill.gif

One of the girls on deck, was taking some practice cuts with her hands right next to her face, hands tight
qnl3ra.gif

May 12, 2014
Here is a clip from today. Did I get the batting tee close enough? She's not sure on how to turn the barrel....is it because she drops her hands sometimes?

[video=youtube_share;yVr_BxvcRO8]http://youtu.be/yVr_BxvcRO8[/video]

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It's the hands being a rotation point, with connection. It's basic physics 101, momentum transfer, the barrel wants to turn due to the forces acting on it. The entire upperbody functions to make this rotation point. For example the lead arm is very important,,,scap, shoulder, rotation. Good hitters can delay the barrel from moving outward,,,, good bat/hand lag. The swing is a arc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06