Trying to teach my daughter how to bat.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Here's one more. Sorry about the lighting....slow motion made it grainy. But, the tee is towards the front leg more than the previous clips.
I would move the tee forward a few more inches. You want the ball even with (or near even) with her front foot after her stride foot comes down if you are working the tee up the middle which it appears you are.

I also agree with Eric about the swinging with the arms.

To engage the lower part of her body some more, try having her take a wider stance.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Does the bottom hand turn or does it just go along for the ride?

I like the phrase that FFS used..."rip the handle off the bat". This is applying force to the handle - perpendicular to the barrel - with the bottom hand. Both hands work together to turn the barrel to contact.

About hand travel...
We want to keep hand travel short and direct. If you look a the clips of Stanton and Mig, look at how short a distance their hands travel in relation to the rear shoulder. Think "out from the rear shoulder", rather than "around the body". At the beginning of the swing, the hands stay connected to the movement of the rear shoulder, and it's hand rotation - not hand travel - that is causing the barrel to begin its arc to the ball.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I like the phrase that FFS used..."rip the handle off the bat". This is applying force to the handle - perpendicular to the barrel - with the bottom hand. Both hands work together to turn the barrel to contact.

Posey_front_highinside.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06