SnF Drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2012
The difference between the fellow in the green shorts and the fellow dressed in white. What makes the guy in the white optimal? The top gif didn't show up for some reason although it was included in quotes in my 1st reply. Thanks

Aug 30, 2013
The biggest difference is weight distribution.. your weight should be on one leg, and balanced over the ball of the femur.. Not 2 legged..

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Example of drill I found paging through old threads...

n30j8h.jpg

FP26 in this drill are you suppose to really drive your hips? What is the purpose of hitting the ball the bucket?

Thanks!

May 3, 2014
SnFDrill.gif

Hitter pushes/pushing hip with pushing arms as the hitter turns the barrel.
BrndnStretchnFireside.gif

Rear leg/hip....pulls

For another perspective

Above - barrel in sagittal plane - hinged into hip - hip extension per drill requirement - rear wrist hammer - explosive
Below - barrel wrapped around head - twisted around leg - untwist as hard as you can to get bat around - front wrist hammer -long and slow

Have a nice day!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
RHC, the better video to duplicate is the bottom one? Can u tell me what you like about it? Make sure I can help my girls.

Thanks!

Yes. Take BM agenda and reverse it :).
Hip coil around your rear leg feeling the force on the ground with your rear foot. Feel how it wants to fire/release, sudden. Now stretch above your hips, so between your hips and shoulders. Feel how it is just comfortable...you could relax like that...the body has no desire to fire/release suddenly.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
I had my DD set up how she would normal hit off a tee. Same distance in her stance. You bring the barrel 'around' by 'turning the barrel to the ball'.
Blend.gif

Pay attention the the position of the left foot(rear leg/foot). To me this is key. Copy exactly and get the feel.
StretchFire2.gif

Thanks Bass! You rock! I really appreciate your input!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA