PGF pulls all cf9's from tourney in CA

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2013
At PGF. Bat tester guy said he's pulled more Demarinis than any others. Quite a few cf5s. 75% of the cf9s he's tested. He said the hottest bat by compression numbers that are making it through are the cf8 -10s.

He told me to sell DDs Mako on eBay. The compression numbers were no where near the red line. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2015
USA
At PGF. Bat tester guy said he's pulled more Demarinis than any others. Quite a few cf5s. 75% of the cf9s he's tested. He said the hottest bat by compression numbers that are making it through are the cf8 -10s.

He told me to sell DDs Mako on eBay. The compression numbers were no where near the red line. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been a fan of Demarini bats. I just rely on the old eye test. I'd take an Easton Mako over a Demarini any day of the week.

Dec 7, 2011
DD noted only bat pull from college game this year was her CF6 - and another teammate was trying to use it.... (DD used CF8 all season)

I knew that was going to happen - that CF6 has got juice

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A high failure rate I could believe, a 100% failure rate not a chance. They are using the wrong settings or threshold for the bat. Just one more example of why it is a major problem when every rule set wants their own rules and standards. I have heard nothing about bat problems at any of the other organizations nationals.

I would think the setting and threshold should be the same for all bats?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
btw, has the 18U started? Was pool play this weekend?

Just finished pool play, but they were really exhibition games because the bracket was a blind draw with 4 seeds. Bracket play starts Monday morning. We play the KC Peppers in the first round.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06