Noticing a Trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

When I first joined I enjoyed this website very much. The interaction between people using this forum was excellent. But like most other website who utilize a forum the bullies started to take over. That is so sad because numerous people with a lot of knoweldge have been bullied off of here because they did not coach as the bullies feel you should coach. One example of what I call a bully is one who feels their method of training is the only method out there and if you do not teach like them then you are in error and they will call you names and attack every thread you put on the website. The other reason is your website gods. One example of a website god is the ones who every one feel if the perfect instructor and if you do not teach like the website god you are not worthy of any advise or guidance and are ridiculed constantly.

Why do I say this? Here is an example that has actually happened to me. In a thread I stated I felt Don Sarno was the best pitching instructor out there. I was constantly attacked because most every one on this website feels Hillhouse is the best. I gave my evidence for why I felt the way I felt but you thought I had exploded the atom bomb. A weaker person who have been intimidated but I am pretty stronged willed and push through it and got my point across. By the way I talked with Hillhouse and he understands it was not a personal attack on him.

I still come on a lot but very seldom post. I do want to put a shout out to the person who gave the advise about telling a student to keep their chin up for those who lean over when pitching. That has helped very much in instilling better balance with some of my younger students (Thanks).

For those of us who are instructors, we should be willing to listen to other opionions with out insulting them if you feel their ideas are not correct. I found out early there are many ways to instruct young pitchers and closing you mind to any other method is limiting your students advancement. So when I here of a new technique I try it out myself and if it works I use it. But if I try it and it does not feel right I do not use it but at the same I will not come back on here and attack the person who gave the advise.

Dec 7, 2011
Consider too that as we folk get longer in tooth in this forum that there becomes a "seen & heard it all" condition that WILL have the older members fade away. Yes there will be those who get "scared" or "disgusted" off this site (and any other social post - except for maybe ChristianMingle.com......) BUT I think allot might fade away just because there is nothing "new" anymore for them (and their family members might not play any more...)

Jun 11, 2013
I see the occasional nasty stuff, but all in all for me it's a great site. I rarely have seen a post that doesn't get good answers send back to it. If you read through the attacks you often get some good insight. Even with some negative, at least to me i see a bunch of parents and coaches that want to make their kids better players.

Oct 19, 2009
IMO there are and have been some very knowledgeable people on the forum who freely give great information. Some like me who have no claim to be a great coach only want to learn to help their daughters and any other kid who is seeking improvement. I also try and add any constructive information anytime I feel I can benefit the posters from what I have learned from some of the better coaches.

I am a firm believer that one size does not fit all, different body types, athleticism and other aspects require minor adjustments for a player to get the most they have to give. We as coaches can teach the basic mechanics, but the rest is up to the player to work out on their own, no matter how much we coach or wish, we cannot do it for them. I take no credit for any of the girl’s success that I have helped only pride for them in what they have accomplished. I like to keep it straight forward and simple for me and them.

I like getting different aspects of the mechanics (pitching, throwing, hitting and ETC), and thinking outside the box. I quickly loose interest when a poster argues their way is the one and only. I can sure do without the bickering IMO if the information is good coaches and parents will pick up on it and use it to their benefit and to their players benefit if not then it they will discarded it. :eek:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I never insult anyone. Not once have I said a mean thing to any of you morons. I have gracefully put up with all the hot gas escaping your pie holes for what seems like forever without ever crawimg through the barren intellectual desert you all call home. I doubt any of you can understand these typed words so I will translate.

Grunt grunt ooo. Ooo. Agh ahhh. wugga wugga. Just kidding. Love you all and I love the site. Just thought this was a little too serious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish