Main Flaw in Most Flawed Swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Would this be a good starting point drill?
RyTee.gif

TeeDrillRH.gif

I know this is one of the drills I am working on with my DD. Trying to get a more vertical 'Tip & Rip' in her swing.

In my opinion, the following is closer to that initial thing Cabrera does...

[video]http://www.hittingillustrated.com/images/Ben3.gif[/video]

Jun 18, 2012
Utah

It all starts with THAT initial action, yet there are so many who don't do it. THAT initial motion should take place on every pitch whether or not they end up actually swinging! But I don't think this fella is as into it as Cabrera.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2014
Dizco what you are referring to is "separation" it can be achieved in 2 ways although mostly only 1 of them is ever taught to baseball players

baseball players generally rotate there shoulder back leaving there hips more in tact (They will rotate both but tend to rotate shoulders more)

that way at toe touch hips will have a slight head start on the shoulders (Shoulders will start rotation at heel strike)

I teach girls a little different but still achieving the same effect

I have my girls employ a "no Stride Swing"

they will leave there shoulders open but "Rotate there hips back pulling there front foot off the heel up on their toe"

they will achieve the same effect but it makes timing a "Less reaction time Pitch" easier and also enables them to keep there front shoulders and eyes still and down till swing launch

:)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
baseball players generally rotate there shoulder back leaving there hips more in tact (They will rotate both but tend to rotate shoulders more)
Can you post an example of a MLB player doing this or give a name of a MLB player. Thanks.
I teach girls a little different but still achieving the same effect
I teach girls the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles