Is every rec-player a allstar?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I hope we end up playing you at some point. I'll keep my eyes open for the Sierra Madre team. Lil one made our team despite her father's talking about leaving the league in the fall. Talent always wins out. If we play then the winner buys the beer.

Here's our tournament schedule this year (a little more local than last year)...
- Walnut
- Arcadia
- La Habra
- Ventura/Tri-Cities

I'm in for the beer bet!!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Here's our tournament schedule this year (a little more local than last year)...
- Walnut
- Arcadia
- La Habra
- Ventura/Tri-Cities

I'm in for the beer bet!!

Yeah, you will be way north this year, I think we are

French Valley
Temecula
Ramona
San Diego...

I probably have the order wrong but I think the locations are correct.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah, you will be way north this year, I think we are

French Valley
Temecula
Ramona
San Diego...

I probably have the order wrong but I think the locations are correct.

Good luck!! Hopefully, we can share some beers next year. Cheers!

Mar 26, 2013
Good luck to both of you!

Our league played in the San Marcos tourney as an annual overnight event and did really well in it. I recall playing French Valley and looking it up because I'd never heard of it before (2006). The best memory was beating Poway after their girls behaved poorly (i.e. trash talking) earlier in the day.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Bummed out my kid didn't make all stars. I told her not to blame anyone and don't do the retaliation against the "coaches kid". She said its just going to make me work harder for next year

Best answer she could have given me. Very proud of her

Aug 20, 2013
To the OP are you the coach of the A team, propossed B team or just a coach from the regular season? And is your DD slated for A or B level? Just trying to understand your perspective.

I totally get not wanting to do travel with a team that isn't ready since it is such a huge time and money commitment, but I agree with all here in that you will get better if you A. play more and B. play against better players. But I don't understand not wanting to give all the girls more play time if the parents and the kids want it.

We are on a rec. team and we have taken some beatings, but even though we still aren't pulling out any wins, those loses have taught these girls loads. I see them thinking more, moving faster and not repeating the same mistakes from earlier in the season.

GG

Jun 24, 2013
Bummed out my kid didn't make all stars. I told her not to blame anyone and don't do the retaliation against the "coaches kid". She said its just going to make me work harder for next year

When I coached All-Stars I took video of every girl that tried out. On the ones I had to "cut". I sent an email to the parents along with stills from the video with lines and words pasted on to it. Showed them how they were out of position with their mechanics. Blamed it all on the mechanics, not on the kid. Told the parents several drills to do to improve their mechanics for next year.

Parents and kids took it a lot better when I showed them why they weren't "good enough" instead of just cutting them.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
When I coached All-Stars I took video of every girl that tried out. On the ones I had to "cut". I sent an email to the parents along with stills from the video with lines and words pasted on to it. Showed them how they were out of position with their mechanics. Blamed it all on the mechanics, not on the kid. Told the parents several drills to do to improve their mechanics for next year.

Parents and kids took it a lot better when I showed them why they weren't "good enough" instead of just cutting them.

Nicely done! That extra effort on your part is fantastic.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

My kid had about the same reaction when we found out last night she didn't make it.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
My kid had about the same reaction when we found out last night she didn't make it.

I'm actually glad she didn't make it. She'll appreciate it more when she does. I'm tired of these kids not being appreciative over it.

Girl I took last year to all stars made the silver team at the new league we are with. Ticked me off cause she told us that she doesn't want to even play anymore and her mom is making her. Also her attitude with her regular season coach is tired of it too...... This was same girl that did a "no call no show" on me to go to a Justin bieber concert. Frustrating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish