Glove suggestions for a 12YO pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2014
I agree, I don't think I made it clear. - but it would be the first base glove for steer hide, not the pitchers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Hey JAD, it cost me $30 to have my DD's last name embroidered on this latest glove. Several months back Casedawg was telling me about a couple of hybrid BV1929-L gloves on he and his DD's team so I had to know......he said they were basically BV1929's with a H-web instead of a basket! Sounds like a pretty cool glove cause I love me some H-web's!!

Here is a picture of a BV1929-L in blue leather with black laces. Considering one for my DD, but torn because she starts college in the fall and her coaches are planning to go with Wilson gloves, which would leave her Vinci in the sports closet collecting dust.
BV1929-L in blue.jpg

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I agree, I don't think I made it clear. - but it would be the first base glove for steer hide, not the pitchers :)

I know a lot of players like to use first basemen mitts, but my DD has done a pretty good job playing 1B with her BV1929-L!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
My DD only has the Kip leather version, and I have no idea what the cost delta is between the two, but unless it is significant I would suggest spending the extra money and getting the Kip leather. Just be ready to spend 3-4 weeks breaking it in before it is game ready.

JAD - we have the Kip leather version of the Vinci JCV-VM for her twin sister.... 3-4 weeks of break in? That thing is solid!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
JAD - we have the Kip leather version of the Vinci JCV-VM for her twin sister.... 3-4 weeks of break in? That thing is solid!

The VM is kip, isn't it?

I'm working on a JCV34 right now....
4ABFFF45-75C6-49D2-ADE9-CC83AE0FEDEE_zps3klxcc7j.jpg

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

We can break one in 3-4 weeks, but that includes 500+ pitches/week during bucket time. DD is also 18U, so she has more "umph" opening and closing the glove than she did when she was 12U/14U. Could take longer for younger players who do not practice as often. When my DD was younger I would wear the new glove for a couple weeks while catching on the bucket, but I know a lot of people do not like adults putting their hands in their DD's gloves. Maybe I just have small hands. It also got harder for me to break in a fielders glove during bucket sessions as my DD started throwing harder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes