Glove suggestions for a 12YO pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2014
Yeah - I've sent several PM's over the last week. Not sure if you're getting them or not? Not sure what the issue is?

FYI, my question is about the BV1929-L and if other leather or color options are available and if so what is the price difference and is there an additional delay before shipping?

Sent you a pm :)

Jul 25, 2016
Two more recommendations:

My 12yo DD currently has two gloves, a Vinci RV1961-L and a Wilson A2000 SP125. These gloves are similar in size (12.5" actual) and price (when purchased from a rep), but the finger stalls on the Vinci fit her fingers more snugly (in a good way). I moved the wrist lacing on both gloves to the innermost holes. Unless you're specifically avoiding an H-web glove, I don't think you could go wrong with either of these.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Yeah - I've sent several PM's over the last week. Not sure if you're getting them or not? Not sure what the issue is?

FYI, my question is about the BV1929-L and if other leather or color options are available and if so what is the price difference and is there an additional delay before shipping?

Not a Vinci rep, but I do know that they can make a BV1929-L in different color combinations. They can also stitch your DD's name or number onto the glove for a small upcharge.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Not a Vinci rep, but I do know that they can make a BV1929-L in different color combinations. They can also stitch your DD's name or number onto the glove for a small upcharge.

JAD - yeah, I had spoken with CaseDawg about this earlier this year when I purchased a catchers mitt from him. I was looking at getting the BV1929 in brown steer hide (lower price point) at that time but held off for some crazy reason. Any thoughts on this particular glove in the steer hide vs the Kip? Thanks!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey JAD, it cost me $30 to have my DD's last name embroidered on this latest glove. Several months back Casedawg was telling me about a couple of hybrid BV1929-L gloves on he and his DD's team so I had to know......he said they were basically BV1929's with a H-web instead of a basket! Sounds like a pretty cool glove cause I love me some H-web's!!

May 28, 2014
We can basically do any glove with any web, in any configuration - it just costs more than one they stock. My DD basically has a BV1929-L just as an Optimus now instead of the Kip. I do have more BV1929-Ls coming. Hoping before Christmas.

D-

Added some pics in case you wanted to see it ;)

http://imgur.com/CZi2KAy
http://imgur.com/bo7Nzy7

Attachments

• CZi2KAys.jpg
    CZi2KAys.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 72
  • bo7Nzy7b.jpg
    bo7Nzy7b.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
JAD - yeah, I had spoken with CaseDawg about this earlier this year when I purchased a catchers mitt from him. I was looking at getting the BV1929 in brown steer hide (lower price point) at that time but held off for some crazy reason. Any thoughts on this particular glove in the steer hide vs the Kip? Thanks!

My DD only has the Kip leather version, and I have no idea what the cost delta is between the two, but unless it is significant I would suggest spending the extra money and getting the Kip leather. Just be ready to spend 3-4 weeks breaking it in before it is game ready.

May 28, 2014
You will want the Kip over steer hide, it lasts longer, and just /feels/ nicer. I normally offer the steer hide as a secondary option for a quality glove that isnt going to break the bank - Player is a primary pitcher or something put still gets a game a weekend at first? Perfect option for a steer hide glove.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You will want the Kip over steer hide, it lasts longer, and just /feels/ nicer. I normally offer the steer hide as a secondary option for a quality glove that isnt going to break the bank - Player is a primary pitcher or something put still gets a game a weekend at first? Perfect option for a steer hide glove.

A pitchers glove is used more than any other position players because they should be throwing 500+ pitches/week during bucket sessions. All those "return throws" during practice and in the game from their catcher add up. Therefore, my opinion would be a pitcher needs the Kip leather more than any other position.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes