Glove suggestions for a 12YO pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The VM is kip, isn't it?

I'm working on a JCV34 right now....
4ABFFF45-75C6-49D2-ADE9-CC83AE0FEDEE_zps3klxcc7j.jpg

Yes Eric the VM is Kip Leather...CaseDawg worked it for about a week before sending it. When it was delivered I had to ask him if he was sure he'd ever touched it! ;-) It took quite a while before she was comfortable in games with it but we beat on it, used it at pitching lessons & with the pitching machines turned up about as high as they'd go (this also had the fringe benefit of getting my DD used to seeing that speed) and just a lot of use through the spring and summer. She finally switched over to it full time in late June (we got it in February).

ps. I love the looks of that red, white & blue! 'merica!!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yes Eric the VM is Kip Leather...CaseDawg worked it for about a week before sending it. When it was delivered I had to ask him if he was sure he'd ever touched it! ;-) It took quite a while before she was comfortable in games with it but we beat on it, used it at pitching lessons & with the pitching machines turned up about as high as they'd go (this also had the fringe benefit of getting my DD used to seeing that speed) and just a lot of use through the spring and summer. She finally switched over to it full time in late June (we got it in February).

ps. I love the looks of that red, white & blue! 'merica!!

My kid has a fondness for red/white/blue and patriotic motifs. Vinci had this mitt available recently, and I couldn't resist. DD doesn't know I have it, and is currently burning out the remaining life of a Miz. Just recently, she started mentioning that it might be time to replace it. Hopefully, I can get the Vinci pretty far along between now and then.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yeah, that's a great looking mitt Eric! So here's the break in plan......take it to Dick's and have them steam it for 2 hours on their highest setting, and while still wet take it home and dry it out in the oven @ 450 degrees for at least an hour. Instant ready, your DD can play with it as soon as it cools down, well and after you re-lace it! Wonder if anyone has tried deep frying their Vinci yet? You could be a pioneer Eric.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yeah, that's a great looking mitt Eric! So here's the break in plan......take it to Dick's and have them steam it for 2 hours on their highest setting, and while still wet take it home and dry it out in the oven @ 450 degrees for at least an hour. Instant ready, your DD can play with it as soon as it cools down, well and after you re-lace it! Wonder if anyone has tried deep frying their Vinci yet? You could be a pioneer Eric.

Yeah....I don't think I'm gonna do that...

Aug 8, 2010

I just deleted your phone number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00