Friday check in! Feb 27,2015

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
First tourney of the season tomorrow, will also be the first indoor tourney they have played. It will be interesting to see how they get out of the gate.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Yeah, our neighbor and DD's best friend just had an accident before she took her test...now she's not interested in driving.

Ouch!

Yeah, kids at that age have quick reflexes, but lack the knowledge that comes from experience. I could tell you some really scary stories about girls from the local HS, but I won't. You have enough to worry about. It does serve as a reminder to the other kids to be careful driving when something bad happens, at least.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Myself and a few of the DFP Technical Hitting posters are going on a fishing trip.
fishing.jpg

Should be a 'nice' friendly trip.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
HS tryouts today and tomorrow for DD. High today and tomorrow of 42 degrees. Gotta love HS softball in Idaho. At least we didn't have to shovel off the field this year...

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
DD#1: If it doesn't rain, she'll be playing in her first HS tournament game on Saturday. They allegedly have a "game on, rain or shine" policy for this tournament, but I would have to assume there comes a point that it's too dangerous to continue playing.

DD#2: If it doesn't rain, Opening Day ceremony for her rec ball league, followed by her team's 2nd game of the season. If it does rain, we move the ceremony indoors. Hopefully it doesn't rain. We got rained out last year also.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We were supposed to have our organizational "Spring Training" this weekend, but is has been cancelled due to inclement weather. Looking for indoor space now that we can use for pitching and hitting. First tournament is the following weekend, and there is a good chance we will have zero field time before we play our first game.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
All right my first Friday check-in! Let's see... DD#1 has decided that the coldest weekend in Feburary is when she has to move across town into her new apartment. I know, I know. I want some good WI cheese and lots of tiny violins to go with my whine about the weather. At least I'm not in Boston.

Just got a call from DD#2's hitting coach, he finally decided to come back from a month in FL. Really, the nerve, thinking you can be retired and just go south when it gets cold around here.

Reminded DD#2 that she has 15 days left to study for SAT. Got frowned at for my trouble. Where's the love I say?

Have to get my mom ready this weekend for her hip replacement surgery next week. She's going around telling everyone that she's going to "get her boogie on" with her new hip. Parents embarassing their kids has no age limits.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi