Friday check in! Feb 27,2015

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Myself and a few of the DFP Technical Hitting posters are going on a fishing trip.
fishing.jpg

Should be a 'nice' friendly trip.

I think I'll stay at to dock and wait until you guys get back. I'm sure there's a pub nearby.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
It's -2 here...this is my "off-season"

Rec draft was completed last night...my 7 year old team is STACKED...NOT...LOL. DD3's only questions this morning were: are my friends on the team and is the snack schedule set yet?

Tonight 8:15-9:45 I have hitting clinic with 4 of the girls I work with as they prep for JV tryouts that start in 10 days.

Tomorrow: Session 2 of my 12U team's indoor league begins tomorrow. DD2 gets her 1st start since Thanksgiving because I've been developing my other 3 pitchers. She's pumped!

3PM: DD1 going to extra pitchers & catchers practice at the boys & girls club.

Sunday: 8-9:30 AM Hitting with my team at cages

11:15-1:15 Fielding with my team at the boys & girls club

4:30 pm: Session 2 of DD1's 14U indoor league begins.

9:00pm: Watch The Walking Dead and a few pints of Guinness while I type out my weekly newsletter for my parents highlighting the players of the week :)

CP

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Rain is threatening Opening Day ceremonies and games for our rec league. My DD is twitchy with anticipation for the start of the new season.

Praying for rain....opening day game and our primary catcher is out. Secondary catcher tentative - ill. Everyone else is new to FP...except two that still look new.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
FiveFrameSwing gets the Luca Brasi treatment, but poor Cannonball will end up like Fredo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ5GpcG4sc

You are soooooooo right! What was I thinking? Shotgun seat, I catch it from behind. Back of the SUV, they all jump out, lock the doors and light the SUV on fire. Man, what am I going to do???

Hey guys, what we have here is failure to communicate. That's all it is. Really, I'm just along for the ride. ...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's -2 here...this is my "off-season"

Rec draft was completed last night...my 7 year old team is STACKED...NOT...LOL. DD3's only questions this morning were: are my friends on the team and is the snack schedule set yet?

Tonight 8:15-9:45 I have hitting clinic with 4 of the girls I work with as they prep for JV tryouts that start in 10 days.

Tomorrow: Session 2 of my 12U team's indoor league begins tomorrow. DD2 gets her 1st start since Thanksgiving because I've been developing my other 3 pitchers. She's pumped!

3PM: DD1 going to extra pitchers & catchers practice at the boys & girls club.

Sunday: 8-9:30 AM Hitting with my team at cages

11:15-1:15 Fielding with my team at the boys & girls club

4:30 pm: Session 2 of DD1's 14U indoor league begins.

9:00pm: Watch The Walking Dead and a few pints of Guinness while I type out my weekly newsletter for my parents highlighting the players of the week :)

CP

Holy crap!! No spare time in that schedule!!

May 8, 2012
NJ
Our big week starts next week...DD's start to the whole HS sb tryout scene. Still a week before Dad gets nutty..though im sure she will be fine. Dad has had a tough time this year so far..i have tried to make it a point that i no longer steer the boat, and gave DD the wheel. Some choices Dad happy about...some not so much. Time for DD to step up and own her game....now to kick DD#2 in the butt and get her going.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Holy crap!! No spare time in that schedule!!

There's always time for more softball! LOL

The last 2 weekends DD1 had double headers plus filled in for another team (so 3 games each Sunday) and DD2 filled in for another team the last 2 Saturdays so double headers for her...

If DD1 makes JV, we could approach 180 games played this year between the 3 of them...and that's not counting friendlies...

As long as they're game for it, we'll find the time...CP

Feb 7, 2013
Heading up to Akron for the 10U Spano Dome tournament. This is the first we'll have played as a full team since the fall (we did play some split squad indoor games earlier in the winter), so I'm looking forward to see how we do. Unfortunately, it looks as if I may be driving home in a snow storm on Sunday. Hopefully, it will arrive early in the day and we'll play late

Will also be in Akron this weekend. Maybe you can help me. Being from SoCal, I'm not familiar with the term "below zero". What does that mean?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole